Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step to obtaining a Canadian Hospitality Foundation Scholarship.
Please read each of the criteria and requirements carefully. Only applications that are complete and have fulfilled all the specified criteria on the application will be considered for selection. Missing, falsified or incomplete documents will be grounds for elimination.
All scholarship applications must be submitted to the participating college or university directly with the exception of the John A. Rothschild, Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Event Management Scholarship. These applications are available for download on the Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Event Management pages respectively. No fax copies or emails will be accepted.
ONLY Canadian Citizens and Landed Immigrants are able to apply.
Applicants must not have received any other Canadian Hospitality Foundation scholarships.
Obtain the application form from your school’s awards office or download an application from your school’s website. You may access a participating school’s website by clicking on the school’s logo included on the scholarship page.
What Needs to be Included
Each scholarship application submission must include the following:
- A completed and signed application form (pen or typewritten only)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- An OFFICIAL transcript of records. Your most recent school transcript. Web grades, photocopy, emailed or faxed transcripts will NOT be accepted.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a current faculty member and/or school administrator. Each letter must be signed and must include address, telephone and email address and be on school letterhead.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from past or present employer(s) (reference letters for volunteer activities will also be considered). Each letter must be signed and must include address, telephone and email address and be on company letterhead.
- Photo of applicant. The photo must be a colour 5 by 7 inch head and shoulders portrait, with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. Please keep your background simple.
The Foundation reserves the right to check all references. All documents submitted in French must include an English translation. All photos become the property of the Canadian Hospitality Foundation and may be used in marketing tools by the Foundation.
Deadline for Submission
Please kindly check with your participating school for deadline date.
How the application will be judged
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Work experience 25 points
Based on quality and length of work experience with extra points for industry-related experience and for increased levels of responsibility.
- Leadership and ability to get along with others 25 points
Based on work and volunteer experience, letters of reference and responses to application questions (where applicable).
- Extra Curricular Activities 20 points
Based on participation and enthusiasm for the industry by participation in industry-related events and activities.
- Educational record 20 points
Based on grade point average.
- Professional promise 10 points
Based on work experience, letters of reference and responses to application questions (where applicable).
TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS 100 points
Payment of Scholarship Money
Once the Foundation has received confirmation from the school of the recipient’s full time enrollment or graduation date (depending on the scholarship category) the scholarship money will be paid in its entirety directly to the school for credit towards the recipient’s tuition fees. If the tuition fee has already been paid in full, the money will then be paid to the student by the college directly. This occurs in the month of November the same year that the scholarship is awarded.
All scholarship recipients’ photos will be posted on the Canadian Hospitality Foundation website and will also be printed in the Foundation’s annual fundraising gala program. Each winner will also be invited as a guest of the Foundation to the annual fund raising gala.