Thank you for deciding to donate goods and or services to our Gala fundraiser.
What to do
If you would prefer you can download the form here and return it to the CHF by fax or email. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Martyna, Auction Coordinator by phone: 416-363-3401 or email: email@example.com.
Details of your donation must be received by September 1st to guarantee mention in the evening’s Gala program. Items must be delivered to the Canadian Hospitality Foundation by September 25. Please remember to specify if there are any restrictions or expiry dates. No consignments or minimum bid donations will be accepted. Please no auction services.
Gala Fundraising Activities
During the gala we hold various fund raising activities: Raffle, Live Auction, Silent Auction and a Balloon Bonanza. Having four different styles of fundraising activities allows each of guests a chance to participate and support the fundraising goal no matter what their budget might be. Depending on the value and type of donation the Canadian Hospitality Foundation allocates the donation to the fundraising activity it will be best suited for.
The goal of the foundation’s decision as to which fundraising activity the donation is to be placed is to maximize the sale potential of each of the donated items or services, based on the gala guest and past gala guest’s purchasing behaviour.
Typically we like to offer three (3) to four (4) prizes in our raffle. Raffle tickets sell for $50 a ticket or three (3) for $100, therefore we like to make sure that we have items in our raffle that are at a minimum of $300 and range up to $4,000.
The following are some of the perks that you will receive if your donation is placed in the raffle:
- Placement on the Raffle Page in the gala’s evening program with the description of the donation, an appropriate photo of the donation as well as your company’s logo.
- Placement on the CHF gala website under Raffle Prizes with the description of the donation, an appropriate photo of the donation as well as your company’s logo.
- Email blasts to all guests prior to the event with the same graphic letting everyone know what they can expect regarding the raffle prizes.
- Signage with similar graphic found on the website and in the program displayed in reception area where raffle tickets will be sold.
- Graphic presentation through the gala’s audio visual at the event.
Suggested raffle items for donation: TV’s, electronic equipment and toys, package trips or adventures, items that are trending and hard to obtain.
The silent auction typically has 100 to 120 items offered. The value of the items in the silent auction ranges from $60 to $2,000. We start our minimum bids at 50% of the value and ask that our guests bid in $10 increments.
The following is what you will receive if your donation is placed in the silent auction:
- A listing of the donation and the name of the donor in the gala’s evening program.
- A listing on the CHF gala website of the donation and the donor’s name.
- Each donation is displayed accordingly in our auction area to showcase the item for maximum interest to the guest. We encourage submission of signage (i.e. business cards, brochures, postcards), which we use to display the item or service and have available for guests to take home.
Suggested silent auction items for donation: Hotel stays, packages are even better, dinners, lunches, golf rounds and equipment, spa treatments and stays, household items, furniture, electronic items, electronic toys, gift baskets of all kinds, unique and or trending items, hockey, basketball, or baseball tickets.
Our live auction takes place during our dinner service, with an experienced auctioneer. We like to keep the number of our Live Auction items to approximately ten (10) but depending on donations we have seen the number creep up to thirteen (13). Typically items in the live auction are $1,000 and more although depending on the donation we have added items that are in the $500 range because they are unique in some way.
The following is what you will receive if your donation is placed in the Live Auction:
- Placement of your donation in the gala’s evening program in the live auction section with the description of the donation, an appropriate photo of the donation as well as your company’s logo.
- Placement of your donation on the CHF gala website in the live auction section with the description of the donation, an appropriate photo of the donation as well as your company’s logo.
- Email blasts to all guests prior to the event letting everyone know what they can expect.
- A poster of your donation in reception area with the description of the donation, an appropriate photo of the donation as well as your company’s logo.
- Graphic representation through the Gala’s audio visual presentation shown on two large screens in the ballroom where main event takes place, during the evening festivities and of course during the auction itself.
Suggested live auction items for donation: travel packages that include hotel for 3 or 4 nights plus airfare, experiences – adventure, excitement, dining, sports, concerts, unusual but sought after memorabilia items
The Balloon Bonanza is held during the gala’s reception. We have anywhere from 200 to 300 prizes to be won. Each balloon costs $20 and contains a ticket for a prize that is worth a minimum of $20 but could be worth up to $150. A donated balloon prize will either be not accepted if it is worth less than $20 or it will be combined with another donation.
The following is what you will receive if your donation is placed in the Balloon Bonanza:
- A listing of the donor’s name in the gala’s evening program under Balloon Bonanza Donors
- A listing on the CHF gala website of the donor’s name under Balloon Bonanza Donors
- Poster in the reception area where the balloon prizes are located with all donors listed in alphabetical order
- All donations, excluding gift cards and gift certificates, are displayed on the Balloon Bonanza prize table.
Suggested balloon bonanza items for donation: gift cards, samples of products, gift baskets, brand name gifts (with your company’s logo), household items, etc.